Are you currently using imported black iron pipe?
Make sure you are up-to-date with important changes to the 2012 building codes and regulations
- The 2012 International Residential Code® (IRC) now requires that all plumbing products and materials are required to be listed by a third party certification agency.
- CounterStrike CSST third party listings include:
- Factory Mutual (FM)
- Underwriters’ Laboratories (UL)
- CSA International (CSA)
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials
- International Code Council (ICC)
- The 2012 International Fuel Gas Code® (IFGC) now requires all piping, tubing and fittings in a fuel gas system must bear the manufacturer’s identification.
- While this labeling requirement may be new for many manufacturers, it is something that Omega Flex has done for many years. We proudly manufacture all of our CSST and fittings in the USA and “mark” the tubing with the TracPipe® CounterStrike® logo.
- Be aware that much of the existing black iron pipe in homes and buildings across the country is unmarked, imported from Asia and not listed specifically for use as gas piping.